Giovanni Badodi was born on 19th July 1937 in Reggio Emilia where he lives and works.
He has been concerned with photography since 1980.
* Reggio Emilia - catalogue 1991
* Ravenna - Group 1992
* Colorno (Parma) 1992
* Padua 1992
* Venice 1992
* Chieti 1992
* Parma 1992
* Fidenza (Parma) 1992
* Reggio Emilia 1992
* Chieti (ANAF congress) 1993
* Padua 1993
* Varese - catalogue 1994
* Bologna - catalogue 1995
* Tenero/Locarno (Switzerland) - catalogue 1996
* Selection of italian photographers - Musée de la photographie (Charleroi - Belgium) 1996
* Reggio Emilia - “A year of photographs” 1996
* Mestre (Venise) - Gallery “Due Colonne” - catalogue 1997
* Reggio Emilia - Gallery 8,75 Contemporary Art (Cultural Association) - catalogue 1997
* Reggio Emilia - Library “All’arco” - catalogue 1997 - 1998
MUSEUMS AND INSTITUTIONS
THAT CONSERVE HIS PHOTOGRAPHS:
* National Museum of Photography - Bradford (United Kingdom)
* CSAC - Università degli Studi Storia dell’Arte - Parma
* Museum of the Diaspora - Tel Aviv (Israel)
* Museé de la Photographie - Charleroi (Belgium)
* Bibliothèque Nationale de France - Paris (France)
* Musée Reattu - Arles - France
* Musée Nicephore Niecpe - Chalon sur Saone (France)
* KODAK PHOTO PRATICA Award “Let the Memories Begin” - 3rd Prize - 1992
* 1992 European architectural photographer of the year, winner of the trophy of the National Museum of Photography, Cinema and Television - Bradford, England.
MAGAZINES AND NEWSPAPERS THAT HAVE PUBLISHED HIS PICTURES:
* Photo Pratica (Milan) - No. 286 / October 1992
* Resto del Carlino (Reggio Emilia) - September 1994
* Zoom (Milan) - No. 141 / March-April 1996
* Reggio Storia - No. 62 / January-March 1994
* Progresso Fotografico - N° 104/July-August 1997
* Gazzetta di Reggio - June 1997
* L’Unità (Reggio Mattino) June 1997
* Reporter N°155 - June 1997
* IBC N°6 (Institute for the Natural and Cultural Heritage of the Region Emilia Romagna).
In 1990 he took part in a Workshop at Palermo held by the photographer OLIVIERO TOSCANI.
At present he is heedful of all photography genres, but especially of photographs of architecture and heritage.